An odourless, colourless, non-toxic, non-flammable gas, supplied as a high-pressure liquefiable gas in metal cylinders.
Afrox MSDS no. 994-324
USES AND FEATURES
- Welding grade CO2 is a general purpose shielding gas for steel sections and plates. Used primarily for short arc welding of mild steels with all diameters of solid steel MIG wire and flux cored gas shielded wires.
- Industrial grade CO2 is used as an inert atmosphere for many industrial applications, e.g. prevention of oxidation, and conveying flammable materials.
Some applications for compressed CO2 include:
- Beer dispensing
- Post-mix soft drink dispensing
- Shielded arc welding
- Foundry sand mould
- Fire fighting (fire extinguishers)
- Gas atmosphere for preservation of packaged foods
- Animal immobilisation
Visit the Afrox online store for more information and safe and secure shopping.